THIS STATEMENT IS CONSTRUCTED AS FOLLOWS:
II. What is a cookie
1. The ‘cookie’ concept
2. Types of cookies
III. What type of cookies do we use on our website?
1. Functional cookies
2. Performance/Analytical cookies
3. Cookies for behavioural TARGETING/remarketing
4. Cookies for social media
IV. Your authorization
Cookies and similar technologies however do not allow to systematically collect data that could allow to identify the users of our website. They help us in improving the functioning of our website, to better respond to our users interests and to measure how effective our website content is.
2. We are legally obliged to ask for your permission to store cookies or similar technologies on your computer or mobile devices. This section about cookies gives you a clear and complete information about the cookies we use and their purpose.
II. WHAT IS A COOKIE
1. THE ‘COOKIE’ CONCEPT
4. A cookie is a small text and numeric file that we store in your browser or the hard disk of your computer. In this way, we can remember your preferences when using our website.
Unless you specified in your browser settings to block cookies, our system will install cookies as soon as you visit our website.
2. TYPES OF COOKIES
5. Cookies can be divided according to their origin, their function and their lifetime.
Owner cookies are cookies installed by the owner of the visited website.
Third-party cookies are cookies installed by another organization than the owner of the visited website. For instance, cookies created by a company specializing in website analysis and that provides the website owner with data regarding the visitor’s frequency.
Functional cookies are cookies to ensure the proper functioning of the website (i.e. cookies for login, registration, language preference). Logically, functional cookies are owner-cookies.
Non-functional cookies are cookies installed for statistical, social, targeting and commercial purposes. They have nothing to do with the mere technical support of the website. Cookies for statistical purposes allow to trace which pages of the website you visit, where your computer is located and so on. Cookies for social purposes allow the user to share instantaneously the content of the visited website with others through social media. Cookies with targeting purposes allow to create your surf profile so that the advertisements match your interests. Commercial cookies keep records of how many and which advertisements where shown to the user. Non-functional cookies can be either owner or third-party cookies.
Permanent cookies: These cookies remain on your device for the time set in the cookie, even if you close your browser. They are activated each time the user visits the website that installed it (for instance, cookies installed for social media like Twitter, Facebook, Google Analytics, etc.). Most of the non-functional cookies are permanent cookies.
Session cookies: These cookies allow us to simplify user manipulations and to link them together during a browsing session. A browser session starts when a user opens his/her browser and stops when the browser is closed. Session cookies are temporarily placed. As soon as you close the browser, all session cookies are removed. Most of the functional cookies are session cookies.
III. WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES DO WE USE ON OUR WEBSITE?
1. FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
2. PERFORMANCE/ANALYTICAL COOKIES
7. We use performance cookies to collect information on how and for what purposes our visitors use our website so that we can improve its the content to better adapt it to the visitors wishes and to improve the user-friendliness of our site.
3. COOKIES FOR BEHAVIOURAL TARGETING/REMARKETING
These cookies do not contain any personal data
4. COOKIES FOR SOCIAL MEDIA
IV. YOUR AUTHORIZATION
11. If you want to revoke your permission (you can do it at any moment), you can remove the cookies through your browser settings.
We remind you that web browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are often to be found in the “Option” or “Preferences” menu of your web browser. To better understand these settings, following links can be useful. If not, use the “Help” function for more details.
12. Cookies are active for a maximum period of 12 months. In no way can they link you as an individual to a name and/or a first name.
Versie 1 van 2018 05 30